Thursday, April 1, 2010

Live Like We're Dying

April Fool's Day was made to humiliate people and a day to joke and lie without feeling bad about it.

2 years ago (2008) when I was on vacation in Los Angeles, Big D and Small D pulled a really twisted and deceitful prank on me. It all began while I was out at a mall with my cousin and I got a call from Small D saying that the group of them were out cycling and Big D was hit by a truck. She continued on that they were on the way to the hospital and she was afraid and didn't know what to do. She sounded so sincere on the phone.

After we hanged up, my cousin and I talked:

V: It's April Fool's today, Danny
Dan: Yea, you think their pulling a fast one on me? She sounded so frightened on the phone!

Small D continues to call me through the evening with updates at the hospital and sounds really worried from each call. And after about an hour or so she begins crying and sobbing through the phone! An hour later, she calls again with news that Big D died! She doesn't know what to do! She's so scared, etc. I'm going like WTF? Is this for real or what! But I try to comfort her still.

After the call with Small D, I phone my cousins and they tell me it's all bullshit and their pulling a prank on me.

(5 minutes later)

Big D and Small D: April Fools!!!

Dan: B*#$%^&! Nobody jokes about death!

No comments:

Post a Comment