Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You Can Do It!

Something I had perceived as going to be boring ended up to be so refreshing to my mind. I'm talking about a Social Media sharing/ conference I attended this evening, organized by my Poly.

The sharing was given by business entrepreneurs like Mr Brown, the NuffNang team and 3 others. What really hit me was hearing about their passion in life and how they accomplished it. Some also shared about how the first attempt at their online businesses failed but they learned from the experiences and tried again. And today they are successful people living their dream because of that.

This got me thinking about so many people in the real world and how everyone living their dream now didn't have it easy in the beginning. The drive for what they believed they could be made it possible. And later through much endeavour, fighting to reach the unltimate goal, it somehow became a reality for them. "It's just that easy and it's just that hard". As these thoughts ran through my mind, it is no wonder the history of No Doubt begam swimming in my mind.

No Doubt released their debut album in 1992 from their label, Interscope. However, the album didn't perform well on the radio or charts. Because of this, the label lost the attention of the band which led No Doubt to release an independent album "The Beacon Street Collection" which received more attention and was selling out quickly in their home town.

This prompted Interscope to give the band another shot. Although the band began facing many challenges and obstacles, I remember Gwen saying "they were so passionate about the record that they just MADE IT WORK" and they released "Tragic Kingdom" in 1995. Their breakthrough record in the entertainment industry and have since then come very far!

If you want something, if you have the passion for it, then it's up to you to make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment