Tuesday, September 29, 2009

When Dannel Met Gwen

F1 Rocks was truly a remarkable and sensational event. Just imagine at F1 in 2008, I was working as a ticketing inspector and only catching glimpses of the race. This year, I got to experience this marvelous event nearly front row with Addison who shares the same interests as me in almost everything and whom I'm entirely grateful to for helping me get to this point in my life! Props to him also for the pictures!

Meeting Gwen Stefani and No Doubt (Day 1)
It was a miracle that I got the opportunity to meet No Doubt again after 12 years (I previously met them back in 1997). This has been a dream of mine if you remember an entry i posted in August about being disappointed not getting to witness No Doubt's comeback tour. However, I won a 98.7 contest and got backstage passes to meet the band. Patience really is a virtue. The 7 steps took when meeting No Doubt; 1 - Walked straight up to Tony, Adrian and Tom to hand each of them the gift cards I prepared. 2 - Wished Gwen Stefani a "Happy Birthday" and gave her the gift card and a pink rose. 3 - Took a group picture. 4 - Had a short conversation with Gwen. I think she was blown-away when she saw the picture of us in 1997. 5 - Take an individual shot of just us. 6 - Autograph. 7 - A hug and cheek kiss goodbye. Gwen Stefani was really sweet!

After the Meet and Greet, we joined the crowd in anticipation of No Doubt's performance. There was a group of people beside us that were sharing about their love for No Doubt and it felt good to be able to relate to them so easily and hear it from the perspectives of Different People throughout the night! No Doubt delivered a high and energized performance that got every person at Fort Canning Park jumping with the band. It was worth the 13 year wait to see them live in concert. Every moment felt like magic. Period.

An Irreplaceable Night (Day 2)
This event was sold-out! I felt The Black Eyed Peas were alright but nothing compared to their concert in 2007. They did pump it up during the more familiar songs but we felt it was a rather short gig altogether. There was still hope though for Beyonce who was scheduled to come on at midnight. I have been a fan of her music but to witness her do her thing live, it was truly out- of- this- world and has raised my appreciation and respect of this wonderful woman. Beyonce had a tremendous amount of energy in her. I had shivers just standing there. The Diva truly saved the show that night and we were left craving for more of her.


You can view videos on my facebook page here or at Addison's Youtube channel.

NO DOUBT MEET & GREET


NO DOUBT





N.E.R.D.


DJ HAVANA BROWN

BLACK EYED PEAS

BEYONCE

2 comments:

  1. holly molly! Miss Stefani is wearing those white pants really low!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LED flowering grow lights will produce light in the right frequency and wavelength.
    4 (blue) - to enhance wisdom and imagination, emotions, calm the anger.
    These chips directly convert electricity to light without the use of a filament
    or glass bulb.

    Feel free to visit my website - LED Stehleuchten

    ReplyDelete