Thursday, November 26, 2009

What Are You Thankful For?

On this day in the United States and Canada, they celebrate what we know as "Thanksgiving". It is held on the fourth Thursday of November, usually a month before Christmas.

I don't know the real reason why they celebrate Thanksgiving, but I hear it is to give thanks to God for helping the Pilgrims and Indians survive a brutal winter. However, this is still debatable. I strongly feel that whatever the reason for celebrating it is, it is still a fantastic reason for bringing together one's family and friends and giving thanks to God for the past year.

No matter what trials and tribulations one has had to endure, we are lucky to have our lives and I say we make the most of how much or how little we have. To top it off, you get to throw a party or attend one with lots of great food (usually consists of sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie and don't forget that turkey!), drinks and memories to cherish that will last you a life time.

Now, stop sulking about how stress or tired you are with life. Get up and feel powerful about the future! Get motivated!

Before I end this post, I would like to share about what I am thankful for this year. Can you guess? Yes, I am thankful for having met Gwen Stefani and taking a photograph with her for a second time. Also, without a doubt, my faith which I have been able to keep alive for the past 20 years and the opportunity to lector in Church. Last but not least, everyone who has been reading my blog! Now, what is it that YOU are THANKFUL for?

No comments:

Post a Comment